Home » » Topshop dresses

Topshop dresses

Written By admin on Sunday, February 14, 2010 | 9:00 PM

Topshop is a high street brand I've never directly associated with mori girl style. But with the popularity of vintage-inspired fashion in the last few years, most mainstream shops have come up with vintage-inspired dresses that mori girls may like.

One thing I noticed in a lot of the dresses currently selling at Topshop is the generous use of neutral tones favoured by 'classic' mori girls in Japan.

 

The first dress could be incorporated into a layered outfit, while the second dress has a very cute silhouette.


Prints such as vintage florals and checks are used quite copiously these days in high street stores. I actually really love the dress on the left. The pockets and loose shape are just right, and it has quite a Japanese aesthetic that brings to mind brands like Muji.


I had to save my favourite dresses for last. I am head over heels in love with the first dress especially. The colour, the cut, the embroidery--everything is just right.

While most mori girls have a love of authentic vintage clothing and thrifting, I can't deny that it's sometimes nice to be able to walk into high street shops and be surrounded by things I love.

Image source: Topshop

0 comments:

Post a Comment