Home » , , , , , , , , , , , , » More textiles work...

More textiles work...

Written By admin on Friday, November 1, 2013 | 11:48 AM

This is another piece that I have been working on in my textiles project. This like the previous is supposed to be a large sample working on developing techniques I have used in my sketchbook. I decided to separate it up into panels and create a skirt. Again, it can be unfinished and doesn't have to be neat and the focus is more on the actual samples. I prefer the corset piece I made as the samples were more refined (a word that my teachers have engraved in my mind...we're constantly told to refine things) and I put more time and effort into making it but as promised here is my second piece. 


 I used a mola technique for the green holly shapes and appliqued on the black pieces. I also printed on circles to the surface. 



A very simple one using red and black paint. 


I used a leather type fabric and draw onto this using white pastel which gives a really interesting effect when smudged on the material. I then stitched over this. 

I stitched two pieces of yarn together to create the swirls, which also transferred the pink material onto the cotton. I painted and drew on the green background and black swirls. 


 Very simply stitched yarn onto a clear material and then spray painted gold onto certain sections. 


 Made using rolled up lengths of fabric and drawn with pen. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment