Home » , , , , , , , , , » Mock of a smock

Mock of a smock

Written By admin on Monday, October 7, 2013 | 10:02 AM

I've been feeling pretty uninspired by my wardrobe lately (...an excuse to buy a whole new one maybe??) as I'm pretty bored of wearing the same clothes over and over again. So I decided that I'd spend a couple of hours today making this dress. I have had two smock dresses (here and here) but one shrunk in the wash and I left one in a hotel room *cry*, so this kind of style was an obvious choice. The fabric is also perfect for it - it's very lightweight and has a bit of a stretch to it. The print is very summery but I'd still be happy to wear in the autumn with some dark tights (such as below), my studded boots and a jacket. I'm still undecided whether to keep it for myself or add it to my shop - what do you reckon? I definitely want to make more dresses like this to sell though,... perhaps with long sleeves? Anyway, I haven't worn my silver heels in a while so I added these and a set of pearls to complete the look.

How was your weekend? What do you think of my dress?








dress - homemade
heels - New Look

0 comments:

Post a Comment