Home » , , , , , , » Under the Sea

Under the Sea

Written By admin on Saturday, February 23, 2013 | 1:48 AM

For the past few weeks and loads over half term, I've been slaving away trying to finish all of my art and textiles coursework (the deadline's Monday!). This included creating my final piece in textiles. The whole course built up from the overall theme of Natural forms (from which I chose 'The Sea'). The idea was then to create a whole sketchbook full of development in order to create a final outcome, which is what you can see below.  The dress was originally only white cotton fabric, so producing it not only involved sewing it all together but dying, batik-ing (using wax to resist the dye), embroidery, mola etc. etc. Overall, the garment was supposed to show about 15 hours of work in total. I'm pleased with how it's turned out (there's always going to be something I'm not happy with though. I won't tell you what!) and fingers crossed I get a good mark for it. 
What have you all been up to this half term? 








0 comments:

Post a Comment