Home » , , , , , » Make a dress out of a shirt and some tights...

Make a dress out of a shirt and some tights...

Written By admin on Saturday, January 26, 2013 | 9:02 AM

Firstly, I'd like to say thank you to all of the followers and readers of my blog! I recently found out I'd reached 100 GFC followers - something I never thought I'd do when I started out my blog a few months ago - so thank you for the support!
Secondly, today I gave myself a break from homework (this seems to happen alot!) to create this post for you. As you can probably tell from the title, I managed to create a dress out of an old shirt and a pair of tights. The shirt (My Dad's old one), although the pattern and fabric doesn't exactly appeal to me, I used as the base for the dress. I think mixed with another fabric such as the lace I used,  the pattern is toned down a bit and actually looks really good. The white lace tights were too big for me so decided I had to use them for this. 

                          


1. First, I cut off the sleeves from the shirt and made any adjustments needed to the size, length etc.
2. Then I cut the tights. All I had to do was cut off the ends and simply attach this to the sleeves.
3. I then used the left over lace from the waistband of the tights to add to the collar. I like how it's slightly gathered here. 
4. I could also die or bleach the bottom of the shirt If I wanted to add some more colour to it.









What do you think? Will you be trying this? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment