Who won what?

Written By admin on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 | 2:18 PM

So the British Fashion Awards took place last week and there were some worthy winners among the nominated fashion faces. Here are the award winners...(I'm hoping to be among these one day!)

British Style Award - Alexa Chung


I really love Alexa's style and have always admired her clothes so I'm glad she won. Although her style isn't very 'out there', it feels so efortlessly chic and simple yet stylish. The way she wears her clothes seems to create the outfit and she always seems to wear the perfect thing for the occasion.  In particular, I really love the grey dress above and the shape of it.


Emerging talent award - ready-to-wear - J W Anderson




I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of JW Anderson's designs and I probably prefer their menswear to women's but there are some really amazing pieces in his collections. The above photos are from the Spring/Summer 12 collection. What I love about these designs is the detail. You can't really see it in these photos but the outfits are incredibly well made and have some interesting features to them. JW Anderson has also done a collection for Topshop.

Emerging talent award - menswear - Jonathan Saunders





I always remember this designer since when I did my work experience with Mark Fast, Jonathan Saunder's studio was actually in the same building. I hadn't seen any of his collections back then but I took note to look out for him in the Spring/Summer 13 Fashion Week and found that I actually really liked his designs. I really like the sharp, smart look which these have and they way that they are mixed up with bright colours and interesting patterns. Also, look at those silver shoes!

Red Carpet Award - Roksanda Illincic






I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of this designer simply due to the fact that her designs don't make me jump out of my seat with excitement. I would say they are more subtle and simple and perhaps instead focus on quality and detail. I do, of course, really like some of them such as above. These photos are from a variety of her collections.

Emerging Talent Award - Accessories - Sophie Hulme




I do really love these bags but I personally wouldn't say they were award worthy. I'm not a huge fan of bags and feel I only need a couple in my life to keep me going (I'm sure people would argue otherwise!). Therefore, I suppose I don't understand the obsession with designer bags because to me they look and feel exactly the same as normal bags. That's also a reason why I prefer clothes that have a twist and interest to them - what's the point of creating an outfit on the catwalk that is the same as one on the high street?

Accessory designer - Nicholas Kirkwood








I love these shoes so so much! This is exactly what I mean by interesting! I have a real obsession with shoes, especially ones that are as exciting as these! I actually can't express how amazing these are! It's probably best if I move on...

Designer Brand and Designer of the Year - Stella McCartney









It's no surprise that Stella won these two awards what with her designing the whole of Team GB's kit and I swear she's been everywhere this year. Her Autumn/Winter 12 collection in particular was really amazing (see photos above). I loved the details and the variety of shapes she created.

Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator - Louise Wilson


Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator


Louise Wilson is a course director for MA Fashion at Central St Martins (this is where I'd love to do my degree). She has taught some of the greatest designers and 30 of the designers scheduled for Fashion Week were actually taught on her course, including Christopher Kane, Jonathan Saunders, Michael Van der Ham and Simone Rocha.

Model - Cara Delevingne





Cara Delevigne does seem to be everywhere at the moment and I can see why she won model of the year. She has a really interesting look and looks great in these photos.

Special Recognition Award - Mr Tillman

Special Recognition Award

The award was won for being Chairman of the British Fashion Council.

New Establishment Award - Erdem









This is one of my favourite desingners, hence the number of photos (I actually had trouble narrowing it down to this many photos!). I love everything about these designs from the colours to the style.

Menswear designer - Kim Jones for Louis Vuitton


I'd never actually heard of this designer before today. I do like his designs but they aren't quite at the same standard as Jonathan Saunders.
BFC Outstanding Achievement in Fashion - Manolo Blahnik




This is another new designer to me. Those shoe designs are incredible. I wish I could draw like that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment