Home » , , , , » Panel skirt

Panel skirt

Written By admin on Friday, November 30, 2012 | 5:00 AM


I had an Inset Day today so I had some free time to create something new. I found this skirt on the Topshop website and I love it! However, it's £70, so I decided to make my own version.

I found some old black trousers (as you can see below) and used these as the base of the skirt.


I unpicked the seams so that I could sew the legs together to create a skirt. I also adjusted it to make sure it was the right size.


Then in order to create the panel I created a pattern (using newspaper) and used this to cut out some fabric and to cut it out of the trousers.

I then sewed the fabric onto the trouser fabric and joined the pieces together (as below).

Finally I had to hem the edges and create the panelled effect. The final skirt is below. As always there are many improvements I could have made (I'm a real perfectionist and there's always something I don't like about what I make!) such as the stitching and the panels but I'd say it was a pretty good job for 1/2 a day's work! (and it was free!)





0 comments:

Post a Comment