Home » » Beat Breast Cancer

Beat Breast Cancer

Written By admin on Monday, October 22, 2012 | 12:52 PM

Today's post is a very special one and a cause that I hold close to my heart.  As most of you know by now, I lost my father to cancer in August 2010.  It's something that I will never fully recover from.  I know how difficult and heart breaking it is to see a loved one be so sick and fight for their life every day.  It truly humbles you and changes your life.  Until you experience that, you can never know how deep the pain goes.  Cancer is something that actually runs in my family.  My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer years ago and thankfully she got through that.  My other grandmother who I never got the chance to meet also passed away from cancer.  And there have a been a few other instances with other family members. 

One of my followers sent me an email and explained that her family was going through a very devastating time.  Her aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago and was recently given 2 months to live.  She is under hospice care right now and her family is trying to collect funds to take care of all necessary expenses so they made these shirts so that people could give donations.  She asked if I could wear them and do a post in honor of Breast Cancer for her aunt and to bring awareness so of course without hesitation I said yes.  October is also Breast Cancer Awareness month as you all know, so this was such a perfect time to do this.  The more of a following that I get, the more I realize I am able to help make a difference.





Shirts: American Genre 


If you would like to support this cause, each shirt is $20 and can be purchased on American Genre. The proceeds go directly to the Marti Family.  If you don't want a shirt but would like to make a small donation, you can send it to the PayPal email helpfightcancer4gladysmarti@gmail.com





My love and prayers go out to Gladys Marti and her family during this difficult time.
STAY STRONG, KEEP FIGHTING!
<3




0 comments:

Post a Comment