Home » , , , , , » Evergreen Ivy

Evergreen Ivy

Written By admin on Friday, July 5, 2013 | 8:24 AM

I had my first ever driving lesson today (by the way how nice and sunny was it today!?), which was really fun actually (I didn't crash into anyone so that's definitely a good thing). I'm also pretty nervous for a job interview I have at Topshop tomorrow. I've had a few sales assistant interviews before (I had one at French Connection once where you had to pick out different outfits - actually pretty fun) but I've either not got the job or it's ended up being for the wrong hours etc. Has anyone had an interview at Topshop before? Any advice? I'm not expecting anything to come from it though, to be honest, I'm just in shock that I even got an interview!

I made this critical study response yesterday and I thought I'd show you in case you're interested. It's supposed to show at least 2 hours of work and is taking inspiration from a certain designer  (Imelda Cartini in my case). Mine's very basic and is clearly not at a designer standard (far from it) but I wanted to focus mainly on the idea of leaves and ivy being glued/stitched onto a dress. I had to create a base layer first using some plain black fabric. I then layered on some white netting. It doesn't really show up well in the photos but it's a lot neater in real life! and then finally added the twisted sections and the leaves. As it's only a critical response, it doesn't need to be neat or finished off, hence why it looks like such a mess (I'm too much of a perfectionist) but I hope you like it anyway!
Lots of new items in my shop by the way - have a look here

What do you think? What are you doing this weekend?






0 comments:

Post a Comment